For the geek who has *almost* everything, a custom art piece that commemorates their home or current city/state is sure to impress!
With the aid of a computer controlled cutting machine, recycled circuit board is cut to shape. The piece is mounted on archival mat board and framed in a classic, clean-lined black frame. The piece is set behind glass. The orientation of your custom piece will be chosen such that it best fits the shape you've selected, which is generally landscape orientation for flags.
Use the text box on the checkout screen to specify what you'd like. I will follow up by email to get further details and provide a proof of the art before I begin making it, to make sure you approve. Art shown in the listing photos (Chicago, DC, and Colorado) will not be proofed since you can already see what those look like.
-----The ordering process is complicated! If you'd rather, just send me a conversation/email with what you want and I'll set up a custom listing for you!----
STEP 1: Choose Size (all sizes are in inches)
- 5x7 frame size with 4x6 mat, with hanging tabs and table stand: $78.50
- 8x10 frame size, no mat, with hanging tabs and table stand: $105
- 8x10 frame size with 5x7 mat, with hanging tabs and table stand: $105
- 11x14 frame size with 8x10 mat, with hanging tabs only: $135
- 11x14 frame size, no mat, with hanging tabs only: $175 (please note at this size, circuit boards aren't big enough to cover the area so I may need to piece together multiple boards to produce the piece. If necessary, this will be discussed in the proof).
STEP 2: Indicate number of colors in your flag: Price is based on the number of colors in your flag. White sections will be left blank (no circuit board as shown in the Colorado flag in the listing photos) or may be white-painted circuit board and as such, do not count as a color.
- Up to 2 colors is the standard custom art rate (example is Chicago, Welsh, and DC flags) - 3-4 colors incurs a size-based charge (example is Colorado and Philippines flags) - 5+ colors incur a size-based charge (example is South Africa)
MISC ORDERING INFO:
If your flag contains text or a seal, I may not be able to make it in circuit board. The seal on Virginia's flag cannot be made in circuit board but the text in California's flag can be made if the piece is 8x10 or larger.
Please get in touch if you are unsure if your flag can be made in circuit board.
If you would like something larger than what is offered here, or more than five pieces, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with size and subject details. I will respond with options and quotes (plus any wholesale discounts if applicable) promptly.
If you have a specific deadline (Christmas, Birthdays, Hanukkah, etc) PLEASE let me know!
Please keep in mind that I use recycled circuit boards- they've spent years inside electronic equipment and then were removed and tossed into waste bins. As such, they may have small scratches and imperfections owing to their previous life. _______________________________________________________________
Your custom art piece will be shipped in a large box. The piece will be wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap and foam sheet to ensure a safe arrival. All shipping materials used are recyclable or reusable. Standard shipping is priority for domestic destinations and first class for international destinations. Your item will be shipped within seven business days of proof approval with tracking. If you need a mini notecard (3.5 x 2 inches) for a gift note, just let me know and I'll include it with your order.