Circuit Breaker Labs is a small Capitol Heights, MD design studio who is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking an entry level part-time Creative Assistant to assist in meeting production and sales goals. Our company is small (owner and 2 assistants) but has over 10 years of experience. We make handmade jewelry, accessories, and home goods made from recycled circuit boards. We like to have fun and don’t take things too seriously, but we work diligently to meet goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Owner and other colleagues with various simple, routine tasks as necessary
- Conduct product finishing and packaging
- Prepare, package and ship orders
- Conduct product and supply inventories
- Set up, represent Circuit Breaker Labs, and tear down at retail sales events (during COVID, this is not a requirement).
- Be able to successfully follow direction, as well as manage tasks and responsibilities with a minimum of supervision
- Be attentive to details, well organized and punctual
- An ideal candidate (after training) would be able to assess the goings-on in the studio and be able to determine what needs to be done without being told
- Very detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A background in art or craft is ideal, as is retail experience
- Experience with e-commerce is a plus (Etsy, Amazon, Ebay, etc)
- For exhibiting at retail shows, it is a benefit to be outgoing, friendly, and personable
- 20-30 hours per week
- Hours and days are flexible: set your own schedule. Take as much unpaid sick/vacation/etc leave as needed, provided notice is provided.
- Benefits are not available
- No overtime
- Start at $15/hour with semiannual raises. Higher starting compensation can be arranged if applicant already has appropriate skills
- Bonuses & promotions based on performance (yes, even for part-time positions; we reward excellent performance)
- Eligibility for advancement (with benefits for full time positions including paid vacation) based on job performance
- On-the-job training is provided and paid
- Home studio in Capitol Heights, MD
- On-site at pop-up events around DMV and beyond
To apply: E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief written statement about why you'd like to be considered for this position and indicate any skills you have that would set you apart from other applicants. Please write "Creative Assistant Application" in the subject line along with your name.